Pilot Theatre is the award-winning National Touring Theatre Company currently in residence at York Theatre Royal
FIND OUT MORE
- Antigone Press Night Photos
Click here to see the photos from press night at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- New Trailer for TheatreLivestream.TV
We have a brand new trailer for our Livestreaming and On Demand service, highlighting the opportunities for streaming content online and sharing it with a wider audience.
- New Trailer for Antigone
Click here to watch the new Antigone trailer for its run at Stratford East, showing 19th Feb - 14th March
- Auditions for 'In Fog & Falling Snow'
Lines are open to apply for our new co-produced large-scale community theatre project. Click here to find out more.
- Huffington Post place The Knife That Killed Me in top ten for 2014
The Huffington Post listed their top thirty films of 2014, placing The Knife That Killed Me at number 10 in the list.
- York announced as UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts
York has successfully achieved status as a UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts, with support from Pilot Theatre.
- PLATFORM shift+
The first meeting of our new European Union-commissioned project with 10 theatres and a university from 9 countries took place over the weekend, click here to find out more.
- Pilot Theatre's new Board of Trustees Chair
Professor Chris Bailey has been unanimously appointed as the new chair of our
Board of Trustees. Chris will take up the position from November 2014.
- **** Review from The Independent
Great review from The Independent, click here to read.
- Antigone - Reviews, blogs, & interviews
Read some of the reviews and responses to Antigone, including the BBC Front Row interview with writer Roy Williams.
- New Trailer for 'Antigone'
Click here to view the new trailer for Pilot Theatre's 'Antigone'.
- Pilot Theatre to head €4M EU collaboration project
Latest news - Pilot to lead on new EU project
- 'Play in a Week' rehearsals
On the 18th August, the 11 to 15 year olds began a week of work with professionals, devising and
creating a play at York Theatre Royal to be performed at the Galtres
- Play in a week to perform at Galtres Festival
11 - 15's Play in a Week - Perform at the Galtres festival!
18 - 23 August. 10 - 4.30pm.
Run by York Theatre Royal and Pilot Theatre.
There are a few places remaining on this years summer school. Work with professionals on a play during the week at York Theatre Royal
to be performed at the Galtres festival on the Saturday. A fantastic
opportunity to meet new friends, learn new skills and perform at a
nationally recognised arts festival. You will get a day pass for you and
a parent for the festival so after our 2pm show you can stay and enjoy
what this fantastic festival has to offer!
Price Bands: Band 1 - £85.00 Full Band 2 - £60 For families with an
income of less than £15,000 pa Band 3 - £40 For Families in receipt of
means tested benefits
(Evidence of eligibility with be required for price bands 2 & 3)
For further information please contact Joe Wawrzyniak on 01904
658162. On receipt of your booking a member of the Creative Engagement
Team will contact you for details of the participating Child.
- New Reviews coming in For The Knife That Killed Me
Some excellent new reviews are in for our co-produced film with Greenscreen and Universal Pictures
- Reviews for The Knife film / Screening on July 27th in York
We will be screening The Knife That Killed Me at City Screen in York on July 27th at 18.30 with Q&A with the directors Marcus Romer & Kit Monkman
- Join us for TheatreLivestream.TV project
An opportunity to work with us to help you stream your live performances and events
- Latest Project Launched - #CycleofSongs
Here we launched our new project for the Tour de France in Cambridge with HistoryWorks on March 31st
- Update on the Cycle of Songs Project
Here we go - with pictures and updates here as we head towards the 7th of July
- The Tour de France Cycle of Songs App is launched July 5th
Apple users can download it by clicking here and Android users can download it by clicking here.
- Premiere of The Knife That Killed Me
We launched the film on July 15th 2014 - in three venues - Bradford, Manchester and London and a global livestream
- Launch photos of the #cycleofsongs launch
great photos by Janine Noack here
- Watch Blood + Chocolate online
Following the success of Blood + Chocolate you can now watch the production online at our YouTube Channel